Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Update

So I got good and bad news today.

My PET scan showed the angry lymph node, of course.  It also showed two suspicious spots in one of my lungs.  These things are too small to "do anything about" right now, so we are just gonna have to watch them and wait.  The good news is that I am otherwise cancer-free.

I am also in for a much larger surgery than I suspected.  Not only is the lump getting 86'd, but pretty much ALL of the lymph nodes in the right half of my neck are being shown the door.  I'll have a pretty big scar on the side of my neck, but nothing that a bitchin' neck tat won't take care of.  I saw a chick at the DMV last year who had "SEXY HO" and a rose tatted on her neck.  She is my inspiration.  (Oh, if only my mom read my Blob.  My phone would be blowing up right now).  :)

So, that means about 10 days out of work, according to Dr Hooks, the oncological surgeon.  I figure I'll take half that.  I'm tough, and I can't afford to be out that long.  I'll have a surgical drain poking out, but I can wear a turtleneck in June.  Or a dickie.  Or an ascot.

(I am actually pretty scared but trying to stay upbeat.  Dr S said to take as much time as I need.  Thanks for all your prayers... and let's focus on the good news that I am not totally cancer-addled, and taking this lump out is not merely polishing the brass on the Titanic).

Thanks for listening, and I promise to update you all here more often.

Love,

KC

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Kris. We will take all the good news we can get and focus on that!! Sending love, light and lots of prayers to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, get your lymph nodes back, and put them in a jar with some water, sugar, and yeast. Then after a couple of months, drink that shit. Get good and drunk. Then cancer will be all like, dayum, you just ate one of us. And the remaining cancer will go away, and won't fuck with you again. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I had no idea this was going on, but I'm happy about the good news and sorry about the bad. Glad you're getting your cancer blob removed and will be looking for an update to this blob soon or something on FB.

    Sending all kinds of good vibes your way...
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know you're tough.. but you dont have to be. Take the ten days off. AND get the tat... of a dickie. :)
    There's a word in afrikaans: sterkte. It means get stronger/better... I wish you strength. x

    ReplyDelete