Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quiet In The House!

Lo and Meg got up early on this Sunday morning and went to the Tennessee State Flea Market across town.  Lo is making a hot rod out of a 1949 Chevy Truck and needs some fenders for it, and Meg no doubt brought her camera to shoot some interesting stuff.  I have to work in a little while, so I slept in and am actually alone in the house.  I honestly cannot remember the last time this happened.  Between working about 60 hours a week and having Lo work from home, it's never ever quiet here.  Even Baxter hasn't howled once this morning.  It's blissful!

I'm working in the Nolensville office today, which I call "non-work".  This office is slow, my coworkers are cool, and it's almost like being paid to hang out with friends.  I've got a bunch of credentialing paperwork to wade through while I'm there, but overall it should be an easy day.  Working at my usual office, in Murfreesboro, is the opposite.  I still like love my coworkers, but it is a nonstop madhouse.  One day last week I could not even pee for 8 hours, it was back-to-back patients the whole time.  The time goes by quickly though, and there is a great deal of camraderie with being sent to the trenches together.  Sometimes I almost hope it gets even busier, just to see how insane it can get.  It's also sad to say that at this point in my medical career, 18 years in, I am jaded to the point that the best part of working in a walk-in clinic is the fact that most patients you will never, ever have to see again once the door hits them in the ass.  Yes, that is sad!  I have had my share of truly horrible jobs in my life, and I am very lucky that I have finally found my niche.

Off to jump in the shower, throw on some scrubs, and onward to cure the common cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment